2 1/2 lb. potatoes (about 8 medium)
2 cups sour cream or leben
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
salt and pepper to taste, paprika
about 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
1. Hard boil eggs. Peel under cold, running
water and slice crosswise in 1/4 inch slices.
2. While eggs are cooking, cook potatoes in
boiling, salted water until barely fork tender. Drain and
cool slightly. Peel and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Mix sour cream, onion, oil, salt and
pepper in a medium sized bowl. Add sliced potatoes. Combine
4. Arrange half of the potato slices in a
greased ovenproof casserole. Arrange egg slices on top. Top
with remaining potatoes. Top with bread crumbs; sprinkle with
5. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F. until
lightly brown, about 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.