Don't tell anyone that this reccipe is low-fat -- they won't
be able to tell the difference!
- non-stick baking spray
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 cup golden raisins, checked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11 inch loaf pan
with nonstick spray.
2. Mash bananas very well in a food processor. Add sugar and
3. Stir flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a
separate large bowl. Beat in banana-sugar mixture. Stir in
vanilla. Stir in raisins when completely blended.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until golden
brown. Cool slightly and remove from pan. Allow to cool
completely before slicing. Yield: 1 loaf, about 10 slices.