Now that the clock has moved ahead and many children have
to go to bed when it is still light, these tips may be
* Set a regular time for bed each night and stick to it.
* Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, such as giving your
child a warm bath or reading him/her a story.
* Make after-dinner playtime a relaxing time. Too much
activity close to bedtime can keep children awake.
* Avoid feeding children big meals close to bedtime.
* Avoid giving children anything with caffeine less than six
hours before bedtime.
* Set the bedroom temperature so that it's comfortable
— not too warm and not too cold.
* Make sure the bedroom is dark. If necessary, use a small
* Keep the noise level low.
(c) 2005 Dr. Reuven Bruner. All Rights Reserved.
Contact him at: POB 1903, Jerusalem, 91314, Israel; Tel: (02)
652-7684; Mobile: 052 2865-821; Fax: (02) 652-7227; Email: