Frankburgers With Vegetable Sauce
The franks add a delicious smoked flavor to these burgers,
while the bread and other ingredients add volume. These
burgers are juicy and tangy, and the sauce is something
4 large garlic cloves
1/4 package bug-free parsley
9 parve franks
3 slices of challa, soaked and squozen
1 teaspoon parve soup mix
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
30 gram margarine (1 heaping tbs)
1 large red pepper
1 small sweet potato
1/2 small (50 gr) can of tomato paste
1 1/2 - 2 cups water
salt/ pepper/ paprika/ garlic salt
1 tbs parve soup mix
1 tsp sugar or substitute
1. In food processor, thinly slice garlic and parsley, add
franks, squeezed bread, eggs and spices until you have a
2. Heat up oil in frying pan. Meanwhile, with wet hands, form
patties and fry on both sides till golden, remove to paper
To make SAUCE:
1. Melt margarine in frying pan. Chop onion and garlic and
saute till golden.
2. Dice pepper, add to frying pan and saute, covered, for 5
minutes. Chop tomatoes but not to a pulp. Add. Grate the
sweet potato coarsely and add to pan. Cook for another 5
3. Dilute tomato paste with water, add spices, pour into pan.
Bring to a boil and turn off flame.
4. Arrange patties in sauce and cover in pan. Ready for
serving. Mustard can be added.
ALTERNATE: you can omit the sauce and add one cup frozen corn
kernels to the patty mixture (but don't blend).
VEGETABLE KUGEL WITH HARD EGGS
This is good for a summer seuda shlishis. Almost a
meal in itself. Cool before slicing.
50 gr margarine
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1 sweet potato
2 red peppers
1 small eggplant
3 stalks celery
1 parsley root
3/4 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
1 cup cooked rice (preferably brown)
1 cup oats
1 1/2 cup flour
4-5 tsp oil
6 raw eggs
salt, pepper, 1 tsp soup powder
3 hard eggs
1. Melt margarine in pot, add diced onions and garlic, sauce
to golden. Coarsely grate pepper, sweet potato and parsely
root, add to pot, stir and saute.
2. Dice celery stalks. Dice unpeeled eggplant and add both;
sauce for 10 minutes.
3. Add the frozens, saute in covered pot, small flame, until
soft. Cool. All this can be done the day before.
1. Mix in bowl: cooked veggies, oil, rice, oats, flour, raw
eggs and spices.
2. Pour mixture into baking form. Quarter the hard boiled
eggs and push into the mixture at random. Bake in preheated
oven, 180 degrees C. until firm and golden.
Alternate serving: This cooked kugel can be cut into strips
of 5 cm and used as a filling for pastry dough, baked and
frozen for instant microwave rewarming. Delicious,